+ ASSOCIATE EDITOR
Our editorial team is looking for as associate editor to join our team. The successful candidate will be able to keep their finger on the pulse of the local scene, staying up-to-date on everything from new museum exhibits and restaurant openings to family-friendly fun runs and festivals.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Writing content for our magazine departments, which could include interviews, news briefs, and coordinating and editing “day in the life” diaries written by real local moms.
• Pitching ideas for features in the monthly magazines, as well as in Thrive, our bimonthly magazine for families with learning differences and special needs, and a biannual publication called Baby. You’ll research and write features after your pitches are approved.
• Contributing articles to our website and social media accounts.
• Assisting in the editing and proofing process after the magazines are designed.
• Attend media events on behalf of the magazine.
We’re looking for someone who:
• Takes pride in accuracy and details.
• Is familiar with the Dallas-Fort Worth region.
• Is not afraid to talk on the phone.
• Keeps up with local and national current events.
• Has a love of the media.
• Is a voracious reader.
• Is a college graduate with a bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or a related field, or has at least two years of professional journalism experience.
How to apply:
+ FREELANCE SUBSTANTIVE EDITOR
Email a cover letter introducing yourself, resume, and three examples of your published writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
. A cover letter must be included in order to be considered. (posted Dec. 5, 2017)
Our editorial team is looking for a freelance substantive editor to assist in editing our monthly print departments for all Child
magazines, and other ancillaries.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including grammar and punctuation
Ability to work on tight deadlines
Knowledge of AP Style
Journalistic ethics are unparalleled
Ability to work with writers to implement changes to their copy
Ability to identify overall problems with the copy, work with writer to fix them, and ensuring the copy is written in the magazine's voice and is written with the reader in mind.
This is a remote freelance position
. Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you'd be the best fit for the job at hand to: email@example.com
. No phone calls, please. (posted Oct. 31, 2017)
+ DIGITAL EDITOR
We're looking for an editor, with a digital media focus and background, that enjoys creating and editing lifestyle content, including topics such as: parenting, health and wellness, family, education and relationships. The ideal candidate is a voracious reader and consumer of media, specifically digital and emerging media. He or she must have the skills to create great stories, and the know-how to promote it successfully across our digital channels (website, social and blog). Parenting experience or savvy a must.
This is a full-time in-house position
in Addison, Texas, and includes benefits. Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you'd be the best fit for the job at hand to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. No phone calls, please. (posted Sep. 17, 2017)
+ FREELANCE WRITERS
We're looking for local, talented wordsmiths to contribute their unique talents to our community of publications, and online too. We are looking for the right people to pitch ideas (specifically in Dallas, Fort Worth and Denton and Collin counties), write parenting pieces, profiles and features. Must be local, inherently understand the area and love finding new resources. Please email a cover letter, résumé and at least two writing samples to Wendy Generes at email@example.com
. We look forward to hearing from you. (posted Aug. 9, 2017)
+ BRAND AMBASSADORS
We're looking for outgoing, energetic and dependable brand ambassadors to add to our event team. As a brand ambassador, you will be responsible for distributing magazines at our booth while interacting with readers and kids at some of the area's coolest events. Candidates should have great communication skills and availability to work weekends.
. Please, no phone calls.
We're looking for advertising account executives to add to our team. If you're reading this, then you already know that
is a well-established and recognized brand in the area that's here to help businesses reach out to local moms. Who better to help these businesses grow than a reader of the magazine!